Why go organic?
If you ever had an interest in healthier living, you’ll understand the growing trend in organic cleaning. The demand for organic no longer lie in the foods we ingest but also in the cleaning products we use to clean our homes. The truth is many ingredients in the common household cleaning products we’ve grown to know and trust are harmful to our health. Although a lot of cleaning products carry legally required warning labels about poison, most do not list all ingredients on the label.
– are found to contain phthalates which is a chemical found in many plastics, paints, pesticides and aerosol sprays. Phthalates are known to interfere with hormone production and known to cause birth defects and abnormalities.
– contain the active chemical hydrochloric acid, although this acidic ingredient is effective in cleaning the toilet well, the corrosive nature can cause burning sensations to the skin and eye, respiratory tract irritation and kidney damage.
– can be harmful when ingested or inhaled, it contains corrosive alkalis that can cause severe burns inside the entire gastrointestinal tract. Over exposure can cause breathing difficulty, swelling in the throat, burning in the nose, eyes, ears, lips or tongue.
– often contain ethanol, formaldehyde, chlorine and ammonia and can cause organ damage or depression.
– are known to contain the chemical perchloroethylene and is a volatile organic compound and anticipated to be a human carcinogen. It is known to affect the central nervous system, liver and kidneys.
What can I do to protect my health?
Australians are finding ways to reduce the number of chemicals they are exposed to and ridding conventional household cleaning products from the home, instead opting for organic cleaning products. It would be beneficial to reduce the use and exposure of conventional cleaning products and replace them with alternative products that do not pose a health risk. It is also important to request for organic cleaning services when in need of professional cleaning services.
– has a high food acidic rating, effective in removing most household bacteria.
– cuts grease and lifts stains and is a great disinfectant for many surfaces around the home.
– is a natural substance that can be used to clean, deodorize and disinfect and is safe to use on painted walls and floors.
– is excellent in cleaning oily carpet stains, polish silver and window cleaning.
– cleans, deodorizes and scours. Can be used to remove shower stains, clear drains and clean grout.